Sunday

29th April


Sunday. Buckland Brewer, a village near Bideford. Well, what you can see of it through the gale force wind and pouring rain!
This is the view, Sunday afternoon, from my bedroom window.....



Jo is worried that I'm bored "Do you want to go out?" says she

Nope, I'm quite content to leave battling through a gale force, rain torrent weather front to Jesamiah and my imagination!

The wind is whistling round the house, with the occasional roaring, moaning,  gust - everything outside is moving, being shaken and tormented - trees, hedges, plants, What would it be like at sea for a sailing ship? My goodness, pretty dreadful I should think.

The birds here are fantastic.... hundreds of them: Hedge sparrows, blackbirds, chaffinches, greenfinches, goldfinches, (a portly pigeon) great tits, blue tits, a robin, pied wagtails, dunnocks, wrens,  bullfinches... two  crows have just sailed in (a bit bufffeted). There are two cock chaffinches squabbling over the bird banquet on the bird table... how the birds manage to fly in this wind, I don't know!

1 comment:

  1. Home! I've been reminiscing about home and the rain, and it didn't get much wetter than my home in Hartland. Other than the weather have a good time!

    ReplyDelete

Whatever the weather where you are - thank you for adding your thoughts!