Monday

A Rose by any other name...

I have been busy looking after a neighbour's garden. It is so pretty but takes some time with the watering alone; glad it is not pruning time! I keep meaning to take the camera with me, but so far my memory has failed me, which is a shame as it is a riot of colour.

In my natural (unkempt) garden I have my first rose of the year.

A trip to the physio (that man has magic hands) means a jaunt down the mountain. It is sad to see row after row of dead and dying trees - mainly avocado. There has been barely any rain since last winter and whilst in the rarified atmosphere of 2000 feet we get moist air and the snow melts from higher up, towards the coast they have not. This is not good news. Spain has a faltering economy and in this part of the country tourism and agriculture is how the money comes in.

I wonder how long it will be before we get water cut-offs during part of the day.

My first rose of the year

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatever the weather where you are - thank you for adding your thoughts!