Sunday

4th March

I was worried about my friend, Kelly, in Ohio as I'd heard about the Tornadoes ripping through the US - she assures me she is fine, but:





"The tornados have hit southern Ohio and we're at the northern tip just a few miles from Lake Erie so we're ok - we're just getting hit with snow at the moment. Here's a term for your weather journal - lake effect snow. Northern Ohio is one of only a few places in the world that have this weather phenomenon that, although it's not bitterly cold, dumps lots of snow very quickly in it's wake. I live maybe three miles from the Lake Erie shoreline so we get hit pretty good throughout the winter."


Snow squall coming in over Lake Erie


The Lighthouse, Cleveland, Ohio

Lighthouse Ice Castle




Thanks Kelly, glad you are OK.


(images from Google search "Images Lake Erie Snow"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatever the weather where you are - thank you for adding your thoughts!