Saturday

24th March

It is an absolutely glorious day here in London.
I've been sitting here watching a robin stuffing himself from my bird table - which is actually a hanging basket. The bird "table" fell apart when a particularly large, fat, pigeon landed on it; plus I reckon a hanging basket is safer because the cats can't get at it.

I half filled the basket with earth & I scatter the seed on top - working on the theory that any seed that doesn't get eaten will grow into the sort of grasses & such that birds like to eat. So win, win all round.
Assuming fat Mr Robin leaves some seed....

By the way - don't forget to provide a source of water for your garden birds and widlife, especially if, like us here in London, there is a water shortage.


image found on Google search

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatever the weather where you are - thank you for adding your thoughts!