Sunday

If it wasn't for the wind today would have been glorious. When it abated, or I found a sheltered area, the sun was warm and I could have stayed basking. The ice in the water trough that had been present yesterday had vanished, though the top of the almond tree that had fallen victim to the wind was once again rolling across the track.



The ice sailing across the water trough


The seemingly fragile Iris battles against the wind.


My parents are due in Spain tomorrow but I have to say I am a little anxious about their getting to Gatwick. Freezing fog, my father has informed me, is forecast for tonight; that does not help my over-active imagination at all.

In the meantime I am in front of the fire researching Pompeii, with a little brandy to keep me extra warm!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatever the weather where you are - thank you for adding your thoughts!