Monday

30th January

I've been absent, I know *hangs head* But I've had a good excuse! Family was here visiting us for the past several days and I have a heavy production schedule at present. However, I did take a few photos over the weekend! So I'll give a recap of recent weather tidbits:
Blue Ridge Mountains, North Carolina, US

 We drove up to Blowing Rock, NC on Saturday which began as a sunny, crisp morning but soon turned into a dark wintry day. We never did encounter any snow flurries, but the sky certainly looked menacing by the time we reached the Blue Ridge Parkway. (above)

Stream at Linville Falls.
 We did not hike out to the falls themselves as it was getting late in the afternoon and the threat of snow loomed overhead. My mother was tired from all the walking earlier in town too.
Flag hanging in front of a shop in Blowing Rock.

Display of fruit in front of a shop in Blowing Rock.

'Out of Wine, Life is Crap' shirt at a shop in Blowing Rock. I should have bought the shirt!
We did very much enjoy walking around Blowing Rock despite the freezing temperatures and strong, icy wind.

The weather is a bit warmer today (52F/11C) and sunny again. We are having warmer temps than is typical for North Carolina in late January. Several of our bulbs are trying to come up and I've spotted a few Forsythia in bloom...in January!

2 comments:

  1. Love the fruit display.
    Do you think they'd do a bulk buy discount on the t-shirt? *laughs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was tempted to ask about that t-shirt *laughs*

    ReplyDelete

Whatever the weather where you are - thank you for adding your thoughts!