Friday

20th January

A bit dull & grey outside, but it is so mild! The hazel tree is laden with catkins; snowdrops & daffs are starting to push their way up through the ground, buds are swelling on trees and shrubs; the garden is alive with birds - as I type I can hear a pigeon cooing, a blackbird singing, sparrows cheeping, and some tits. Dawn produced the wren singing a morning serenade outside my bedroom window.
The fish are feeding in my pond (they did go down the bottom for a couple of days earlier in the week when it turned cold)
I've no doubt it will go suddenly cold & we'll get the dreaded snow - but at the moment Spring is waking up.

On another note: came across this blog
Is Weather Important in Fiction?

Very good article

1 comment:

  1. The birds are certainly active! Glad the weather has become more mild for you. But I doubt we've seen the last of harsh winter just yet. *laughs*

    ReplyDelete

Whatever the weather where you are - thank you for adding your thoughts!