Sunday

The Sky's The Limit

After a chilly morning where the blood was heated by battling through the throngs in Velez-Malaga, a friend and I stopped for a little libation before heading up the mountain. From our seats in the now warming sun we were able to view the aerobatics performed above Trapiche airfield. It reminded me of summer days spent similarly sat outside White Waltham airfield (though the aerobatics there were of a higher quality) watching some of the best aerobatic pilots in the country. I was also young then!
Speaking of young, the Maidenhead Advertiser ran a little piece on my book, A Tale of Nine Cities, and they gave me an age of 31. How wonderful to lose ten years overnight; shame no-one told my body!
My body is encased in more than one layer now. Whilst we still have sun and blue skies, the clouds and wind are more frequent visitors. T-shirts require a cardigan or jumper over the top and bare legs are not recommended. I am grateful that I am not trussed up in hat, scarves, gloves, thermal underwear and any other necessary attire to combat the early and cold British winter.  To my friends across the globe suffering cold temperatures I raise a warming toast…
Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatever the weather where you are - thank you for adding your thoughts!