Wednesday

7th December

I'm afraid no sunshine here in North Carolina either! I had to drive into town this morning and it was a wet ride! And don't tell the police, but I snapped a few photos on my phone whist driving. *laughs*

Driving on the bridge across the Catawba River, part of Lake Norman.

The view out my windshield (or wind screen depending on where you are in the world).



Temps are holding at about 60F/14C at present. Damp and not too cold today. But the forecast is for much colder weather on the morrow. The trees are now bare and a Carolina Wren has decided to nest in one of my hanging flower pots on the side porch. So I must let the plant die by  not watering it if her egg(s) are to survive. The basket is right by our side entryway and we are in and out all the time...why the little mamma bird would choose that location for her nest is beyond me!

1 comment:

  1. Urgh, the rain makes me feel cold and damp just looking at it!I had birds nesting in my gas cupboard, they do pick some odd places - what's wrong with trees nowadays? :)

    ReplyDelete

Whatever the weather where you are - thank you for adding your thoughts!