Tuesday

22nd November

Water, water, every where,
And all the boards did shrink;
Water, water, every where,
Nor any drop to drink.
         Coleridge, The Rime of the Ancient Mariner
Bit like that here. Despite two days of almost continuous rain, with the stream running with such force it could almost be classed as a torrent, and the ground sodden and helping to create our second Spring, but with the sun now in the sky for the second day running I find myself entering the second day without water.
This is not funny. I am having to fill the kettle with bottled water, then fill the basin and wash from there; I am rationing my cups of tea (this quite frankly is the greatest problem) and I am filling the dogs' water bowls from the sheep trough that luckily sits only a few metres from my gates. All I want is to stand under a powerful shower and up my tea intake to the required 10 cups per day...

But despite all that I still have the beautiful mountain, Maroma, filling the view from my living room window.

2 comments:

  1. Oh Deborah! No TEA! How are you surviving?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have subsequently drunk 15 cups per day to make up for the deficit!

    ReplyDelete

Whatever the weather where you are - thank you for adding your thoughts!