Monday

14th November

I woke to grey clouds but by the time I had made my way out of the front door to walk the dogs there were swathes of blue sky and the clouds were more white than grey. A good day ahead, thought I. An hour later and the sky was covered again with a grey blanket.
13:00  I am not too bothered by greyness today as I need to do some serious writing. I have been more than lax recently. I find the wet, grey days quite good for head-down work, no sun tempting me out into its warmth.
15:50 Thunder has been bouncing off the mountain sides and now the heavy rain has come. I'm going to make squash soup for dinner tonight, and have already brought some logs in for the evening fire. Cosiness is called for. Good thing is, the writing is progressing well.
16:40 A good inch of rain in the dogs' food bowls which I have just recovered indoors. It has stopped for the time being and there is a strip of blue between the greys, as if a random swish of paint had been applied.
18:45 The fire is lit, a glass of red wine is poured and a peaceful evening stretches in front of me as the clouds continue to build in the dark night.

2 comments:

  1. Can I come and cuddle up by the fire? It looks very inviting! Wine is always good too *cheers*

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you can find room amongst the dogs you are welcome! I'll open more wine 'to breathe'...

    ReplyDelete

Whatever the weather where you are - thank you for adding your thoughts!