Thursday

september 15th

I went to Waltham Abbey yesterday evening for the first of what is going to be an annual event - Holy Cross Day .

It was a gloriously mild evening and our re-created "walk" (see the link for details) was congenial and good fun.
The peal of bells from the abbey was fantastic (I love church bells) and walking back through the abbey grounds afterwards to the car park was especially delightful.
Dusk, the bells still ringing joyfully, and walking through the "scented" garden in the grounds was heavenly. Lavender.
Dozens of lavender bushes.

To be honest, I was tempted to sit there, close my eyes and soak up the sounds and smells.
Couldn't though.
I was desperate for a wee!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatever the weather where you are - thank you for adding your thoughts!