Wednesday

August 10th

I've rather neglected the weather - well, its not been anything wonderful to write home about!
A bit of rain, a bit of sun - a huff and puff of wind.
Damp evening, a bit cold at night.
And the snails and slugs have eaten ALL my Bizzy Lizzies! All I have left is stalks!

The lilies smell gorgeous though, and the honeysuckle of an evening.
The two dogwoods I planted have taken well - and the rosemary bush.

I DID have a load of nuts on the hazel tree - blooming squirrel.....

The copperbeach hedge is at a nice height, though the bushes themselves are still very young and skinny. We will trim the tops next spring to encourage them to fill out and make a decent hedge.

Some of the roses seem OK for black spot this year - but have got a grey mould on the leaves instead. Can't win can you?

1 comment:

  1. Your garden sounds lovely, but had to laugh at the squirrel...!

    ReplyDelete

Whatever the weather where you are - thank you for adding your thoughts!