Monday

18th October

Yesterday I was in an hotel in Nottingham - the Premier Inn, Island Site. The restaurant overlooked the canal. The morning was bright and sunny, quite warm. The previous day I had watched a seagull catch a fish and have it for his (or her) breakfast. Sunday morning I sat enjoying a cup of tea looking out over the still, calm water.
Mist was curling from the surface, giving the impression that the water was on fire - it was thick enough to be tendrils of smoke.
I later sat outside, not wishing to go too early across to the London train.
Out of the wind and shade, it was pleasantly warm. In the shade? Distinctly chilly.

The sun was low though, so very dazzling to the eye.

1 comment:

  1. Lovely start to the day. I could feel the chill in the shade and see the sun lower in the sky, catching the corner of my eye.

    ReplyDelete

Whatever the weather where you are - thank you for adding your thoughts!